Just Brakes - $99.88...I think not!

Issue not resolved
Jun 22, 2007
review #79096

I went in yesterday to Just Brakes thinking that this $99.88 deal was great, boy was i wrong!

I left my 2005 Chevy with them for a noise that my brakes were making everytime I came to a stop. I have had my brakes done in the past so i figured all they needed to do was replace my pads, cut my rotors, the whole 'simple' nine yards. But NNNOOOOO, they said that this was wrong and that was wrong with my braking system and insisted it be replaced. The sucker that I am agreed (because I am not a brake specialist) and had them do the work for a whopping $600.00 bucks!

Yeah, they were nice and courteous and what not, but the truth of the matter is...will we ever find a TRUE, HONEST mom and pop place to have our needs met without people like this that try and sugar coat things and then take you for all your hard-earned money...I THINK NOT!

bee2c65
Had an experience with Just Brakes?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions

Dec 07, 2013 Jacksonville, Florida

I agree. Brakes for less wanted to charge me $495.00 for a master cylinder that only cost $885.00 @ Auto Zone.....Wow!

Dale

Dec 05, 2013 Lakeland, Florida

I recently moved here to Florida seeking a better life for myself and my Fiancie who has severe medical issues. After we go here, our car caught fire. Total loss. we had to buy a cheap car for cash so we could get to her many dr. and hospital trips. Well, after 2 weeks the new used cars brakes went out. I call Just brakes. I went into the shop an hour later. The manager James was very helpful and knowledgabe, as was Any. They got on the job right away. The showed me what was wrong and what it will cost to fix my cars issues. Total was. 99.95 plus tax. I feel they did right by me and did an excellant job. I would go back again and will tellmy friends ab :) out the great service.
Dale

Happy just brakes customer

Sep 03, 2013 Pasadena, Texas

I went in to Pasadena tx for a squeal noise when I brake. My Toyota Camry 2010 year has 34,859 miles on it. The brakes were fine. They said the squeal was from armor all getting on the rotors. I had them turn the front rotors though cause it shakes when I brake at highway speeds. They turned the rotors (front rotors only) to the tune of $75. Yeah sure I could've gotten me turned for a lot less than that taking them off myself and taking them to oreillys, but I was already there and it saved me a lot of time and hassle. Overall I have to say I am satisfied. It stops smooth as can be now. The squeal I only really hear now and then. I was happy with what they told me. Makes sense.

Screwed

Oct 14, 2010

I wish I had done my research...went in for brake pads today and came out $700 later! It seems as though $700 is the scripted amount they give people. My brakes didn't feel better after...I asked them to test drive it and they said it would get better. They also lost one of my hub caps! I feel raped.

yeah they got me too

Sep 03, 2010

yeah, they got me too, went in for 100 dollar job,after almost 700 dollars, news pads, master cylinder, things turned. i won't be back

charlie

Aug 04, 2010

How reasonable is it to expect to get your brakes fixed for 99.88 ? They tell you that's for pads and shoes only and additional work will be extra if needed ! My air conditioner is broken on my house right now. When he can't fix it for 20 bucks I think I'll call the Better business bureau and rag him on-line too.

Scammed by Just Brakes TOO

Aug 03, 2010

They lied and said the whole system needed replacing which was a total lie. I usually do my own brakes but took it to Just Brakes because I needed the rotors and drums turned. They called and said it would be $780 for my truck with less than 35000 miles on it. The brake pads they put on wore out in 3 months!!!!!!! What a shame

ok

Feb 17, 2010

never had a car break issue yet but ppl sure do try to scam me, luckily I have machanics in my family and after I'm done talking to the *** who try to scam me. I call my unc and ask does this makes since and does the price match I get alot of "no," and that is not really necessary and there trying to get you to pay 2x as much for this part and charging you twice for labor and they trying to hold your car longer for more money and there trying to charge you seperate for work that goes along with the process of what you ask for to get done. I call the machinic and requestion as a different person but still as "a dumb female" I get the same bull---t, but when I throw back the information they try to backtrack. By than I already decided I will never use this person and I will tell everyone I know about them. S.C you know your infamous for doing this!!!

chaz

Feb 17, 2010

Poster number nine must work for Just Brakes

RICK

Feb 11, 2010

we are not in S.C. DUM BUTT

Bill

Jan 03, 2010

This company is nothing but bad, thier names are Value Brakes, Just Brakes or Brakes for Less. Thye screwed up my brakes on my truck, broke a rotor and did not bleed the brakes right, told me they would get better, turns out they broke the bleeder valve, they had to replace the the rotors, also my hub etc. Well that brake job only lasted 7 months, needed to spend 1200 bucks to fix, almost had to sue them to get them to pay, but they did. Do not use them, they are awful. They do not care about the consumer and safety. This was in Columbia SC

Rick

Dec 06, 2009

Just brakes advertises those prices to get you in .Once you are there they try to sell you everything no matter how old your car is or what shape it is in even if you have 30,000 miles on it and the only thing it needs is just pads and turn rotors.I will never go to them again.It is just a scam.

Tanya Colorado Springs

Oct 07, 2009

Wish i would have read this before we went in for their $99 special came out $450 later

0 0 Reply
Found an HONEST MECHANIC!!!

Aug 19, 2009

I have found the mom and pop, good ole fashioned, honest machanic. His name is Jay and he works as the owner/ mngr of Pan Am automotive. His number is 210-650-5555. He is an honest man and will give you an honest estimate and eval. on any problems. He is gonna do my brakes for 130.00 for the back 2. But he does it right and fast.

Mary Fernandez

Jun 22, 2009

Went this Saturday,no not my first brake job but I went there 7 months ago for a noise they said my brakes were perfect no work needed...now my brakes are grinding when I come to a stop,go in of course I come out paying $510.00 for the same job I've had done before for less than $250.00, but this time I leave with an awful noise coming from back passenger side. I go back the guy who worked on my car said it was my bearing...I'm scared now because I pick up the grandkids 4 days a week and I dont want to risk losing a tire with them in my car..but because of the expense I just paid 40 minutes ago I did'nt want him to touch the car again, I went to Midas where I get my oil changes and I asked Terry to get the bearing fixed, he puts my car in the air and finds the brake guy put in the spring wrong and no bearing were ever needed...what a scam. I'm sure he thought I would get them to repair it since I was already there.........WARNING NEVER GO THERE AND EXPECT A $99.00 brake job...oh I would like to add,my sister took her 10 month old car there to check on a noise and they spent 25 minutes trying to convince her even new cars with low milage need new brakes..luckly she went back to dealer and found a screw was missing and that is what was causing noise...AGAIN STAY FAR FAR AWAY locted in san antonio texas...oh and did you know you will not find a "Just Brakes" in Florida? go figure I wish Texas would follow suit

Too funny

May 14, 2009

After working in the automotive arena for over 20 years, I can tell you most customers do not bring there vehicles in until there are completely broken, and expect minimal (maintaince) repairs to fix there car 100%. They are less than truthfull about how long they have been driving the car knowing there was a problem and how long they have been ignoring the maintaince. Most people only bring the car in after is has become a real safety problem, Its funny that most all the people on here dont list what there problem was or how many miles they have on there car, That has a lot to do with what a car may need. There is a big difference in what it takes to patch a car(fix just whats broken now) and repair a car(fix what broken and what caused it to break so it stays fixed) Want to avoid costly repairs, maintain and inspect your vehicle on a regular basis. dont keep drive them until they break like 99.88% of the people out there. That is what all repair facilities count on, including Just brakes.

vatozone

Sep 14, 2008

Has anyone ever really left Just Brakes and paid only $100? If you need brakes, you are better off at the dearership. Go to just brakes and they will tell you need caliper rebuilds, rotors, master cylinders, etc. And "lolatyou", who has ever met someone named 'Bubba', mechanic or otherwise?

lol at you

Aug 26, 2008

Great examples guys, im in retail now, but i used to work for a repair facility and first guy sounds like buyers remorse, NOONE wants to spend that kind of money on a repair, but sometimes its necessary, the second guy you dont make sense.... "This lady towed her car to another garage because she expected to pay $99.88 for her old car's repair.".....noticed towed and old car, obviously she felt it was that bad too, and what do you expect for an old car? and a mercedes, well what do you think the dealer charges for brakes, depends on mercedes model etc im sure, and i bet its hella expensive, i had a BMW and they dealer wanted 1600 for pads and rotors alone one time. As for mom and pop shops..do i really want someone named "bubba" doing the work on my car, and i know it couldnt be less because its like best buy vs joes electronics they have substantial buying power so they are cheaper. but what you are saying is "i want pads only, and i dont want to know what it takes to fix my car!" afraid you might have to spend more money than anticipated. 99.88 sounds good but i would not expect that and nothing else since every other major repair shop, firestone, midas, sears, the dealer, brings out a laundry list of stuff when you take their car in, and i wouldnt hold it against the company because they are trying to make money, next time say "no" not like you were held at gun point im sure, then go to Firestone or AAMCO and pay them so you can come on here and badmouth and trash them... Show more

Fresh guy

Jun 05, 2008 Renqiu, Hebei

This is completely true! In the same moment i went there. 2 more people complained about the same surprise. $99.88 is a bad joke. This lady towed her car to another garage because she expected to pay $99.88 for her old car's repair. They scared her telling her that her car were going to be repaired by more than $700 (Half of the value of her car). Another guy had a Mercedes and you all can imagine how much they took out of his pocket. More than $1,200. They are so abusive with the labor rates. I got the minimum repairs for $337.00 (which is still so expensive) because at the moment I had no choice, $190 of them was labor. But I am going to recommend to everybody not to go there because they don't say the truth since the very beginning. I won't go there anymore, never in my life.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Just Brakes.
Filing a new complaint about
×