Just Brakes - Very Corrupt Organization
I took in my car a couple years ago for brake service not expecting to pay too much money.I went for the advertised $99.95 sale but I knew that it may go a few more dollars over because you can never expect a good deal like that.
Anyways...they looked at the brakes, took off all the tires and said there was more work to be done like replacing the callipers, brakes, shoes, drums, pads, etc. I said that I didn't want to replace all the parts but just the brake pads. Two of the technicians decided amongst themselves that I needed to do this work and they wouldn't let me take the car unless I did because it was a danger to all the other motorists on the road. This was a brand new car with less than 35,000 miles on it.
They ended up charging me over $700 for all this work when I originally came in for a little over a $100 of work. This was a time in my life when I was struggling for money and I didn't appreciate them taking advantage of me. I went and talked to my personal mechanic about what had happened and he told me that all the work they did wasn't necessary. He told me unless you have brake fluid leaking then it's not a major threat.
I was furious and promised myself that I would never go there or recommend anyone else to go there. I just recently got an email from Just Brakes telling me to come in and replace my brakes and it just pissed me off big time. A lot of companies in the auto care industry take advantage of people, especially women.
I am not a woman and I definetly got hustled by these people.This is a company that does not have loyal employees and it's very hard to watch them taking hard earned money from the citizens of this country.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Dropped my wifes vehicle off for the 99.00 brake job. I could have done it myself but for only 99.00 why do it myself. I couldn't go wrong with a..."
- "On November 4, 2012 while driving down the road, my engine stopped running and my 2008 Nissan Versa. My engine was on fire and burned the engine compartment completely. My..."
- "On 9/15/2011, my husband and mother-in-law purchased a used car from Mr. Herbert. Mr. Herbert signed the "Certificate of Title" over to my mother-in-law. Two days later, Mr. Herbert called..."
- "After waiting over 5 mins with nobody saying anything and nobody in your store we asked a guy if we could order he walked away, we then knocked on glass..."
- "Be careful Ladies, I went into the ULTA for the hair dye Yesterday. I asked for the grey hair and I even showed her the pictures. It took more than..."
- "I found this website while waiting for my EBD glasses and got a little worried because of the negative reviews, but my glasses are P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!! I ordered progressives and..."