State: Florida City: Tampa Clear all filters (9 of 301 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:

Just Brakes in Tampa and St.Pete

I guess I'm in the minority, but I got the $99 lifetime brake deal at the Tampa store and everything was just as advertised. I have put 30,000 miles on the vehicle and noticed a slight vibration when braking. I took my vehicle into the Just Brakes in St. Pete on hwy 19. Without any argument or discussion, Derick and Rickey had the vehicle taken in, drums in rear machined and back on the road in 45 min. The service was excellent, honored warranty-no charge, and were very professional. I don't work for them or have any affiliation, just a satisfied customer. Both locations were very good.... Dale Marby in Tampa and Hwy 19 in St. Pete. Derick and Rickey were super and I recommend both locations.

Hey guess what I do work for just brakes and I know the guy definitely doesn't work there

No petey, I don't work for them nor do any family or friends. While I was waiting for them to finish my car another customer commented about this site and that he almost didn't use Just Brakes because of so of the comments.

Sooo, when I received great service I felt I would let people know that at least these two locations are reputable.

I got an email from pissed consumer to let me know u commented. And unlike yourself, I have a life and better things to do than sit on blogs all day.

Liar!!!! You obviously work for that company.

You join the site one day then the same day you post this garbage then you never return to this site??? LIAR!!!

Just Brakes $99.00 rip off

My sister who does not have the money for a brake job tried to do the 99.00 special-IT DOESN'T EXIST ! her bill 750.00 at the corner of US19 and Park Blvd when asked to see the parts by my nephew who is a mechanic they provided about $80.00 worth of parts Nota a bad mark up-Had my sister talked to me first I would have shared my experience with them- I went to Seminole Blvd in the Largo mall area - 99.00 lure I saw the mechanic taken apart my brakes and I had not approved anything when I told him the $400.00 they wanted was to much he told me he could not put it back together unless I was willing to go with his plan- In the mean time while sitting there i heard the exact smae story to 2 more victims and the same $400.00 quote, must have been $400.00 day- I called the chrysler dealer I bought it from they came and towed it and did the brakes for $210.00 towing included!! I really belief they need a sting investigation-

Just Brakes a Scam shop

My car's front brakes were making sqeulling sounds and hence i took my car to JustBrakes in Brandon, FL, The wheels were dismantled while i was sitting in the lounge. After half an hour or so, i was called in for the damage report and was told that the Calipers were damaged and Brake pads were ok. The main guy Mr Woomer also told me that the Left front struts were damaged and needed to be replaced. He also told me that the Fuel intake was very dirty and the overall cost of the repairs would be $770 which was astounding. Then when i refused they said they will do only brake works for $470 and when i refused they said to get the calipers repaired which would cost only $196, which i said ok , After waiting for another hour they gave me the car and said that i need to get the other brake repairs done which will be another $200 more even thouh they pointed that the brake pad was ok, but heating up due to Calipers not working fine. After i took my car home, i drove the car in the evening and the squelling returned. When i called up them, Mr Woomer said that i would have to do the complete brake work to fully solve this issue. I dont understand, if the calipers were the issue and they repaired the calipers, then why the *** the sound is coming again. Now i see that i am not the only person cheated by this scam. They declare that they have the $99/$145/$179 scheme, but they open up your car and then force you to do the repair works. I saw another gentleman, who was repeatedly told that new problems were ther in his car

Never go back to "just brake" car shop it is a scam. They have here at dale mabry before close to linebaugh and it was closed recently.

I paid more than 900 dollars for changing my pads and rotors which they said was bad. Yet I found a mechanic that he does my repairs at home.

Most of the I purchase my parts at the dealer to make it sure a quality one. Then ask him to fixed it at And for the same job I only spent a total of 325 including parts and labor.

See the first issue was the calipers.as you push the brake pedal the force the pads to squeeze the rotor and stop the car. When calipers seize up the will not reture back in when you take your foot off the brakes.

This causes your brakes to drap, ruins your pads and glazes yiur rotors. So thats why your brakes were still squeeling because the pads and rotors( even if they "looked fine") were actually glazed and no good.

Go to SEARS. 8) 8) 8)

Just Brakes in Tampa, Florida - RIP OFF ASE

RIP OF THEY TELL YOU YOU NEED YOUR BRAKES DONE SHUR SO ITS $99.00 IT COVER THE FRONT AND BACK BRAKES (SO FIN LETS GET IT DONE) SO THEY PUT THE TRUCK ON THE LIFT, WHICH I WAS THEIR, THEY LIFT THE VECHILE THE WRONG WAY ALOWING THE REAR END OF THE TRUCK DANGLE IN MID AIR CAUSEING THE REAR LEAF SPRING TO BREAK THEN THE THEY SAY U NEED TO REPLACE IT AND WHAT WAS REALY FUNNEY THEY SAID IT WAS ALREADY BROKEN WHEN I GOT THEIR WHICH WAS ***, AFTER CALLING AROUND TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH IT COST TO REPLACE IT I WAS ASKED A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW THE SPRING BROKE I EXPLAIN WHAT I WITHNESS ON FRIST HAND THAT CONFRIM WHAT HAPPEND TO THE SPRING, I WAS ALSO TOLD I CAN NOT DRIVE THE TRUCK WITH BROKEN SPRING,BUT THE F***/ASE PERSONAL WHO WORKED ON THE TRUCK HE SAID YOU CAN DRIVE NO PROBLEM,SO I ONLY LIVE 1.5MILE FROM JUST BRAKE DID NOT MAKE IT PASS 1/5 OF A MILE THE REAR END OF TRUCK SEPARATED FROM THE SPRINGS CAUSEING A ROLL OVER AN CRASHING IN TO ANOTHER CAR NOW MY $40000.00 TRUCK WORTH ABOUT 40 CENTS BECAUSE JUST BRAKE HAS A ASE THAT DON'T KNOW WHAT *** HE'S TALKING ABOUT.STORE ADDRESS IS (PALM HARBOR #606 35065 US HWY 19N, PALM HARBOR, FL34684 FOR YOUR OWN GOOD PLEASE DO NOT LET JUST TOUCH YOUR CAR OR TRUCK.

Dude. I'm really sorry for what happened to you.

Here's the problem. When I was young and learning the trade I really had to learn the trade. I mean, there were times I had to hand machine main bearings for flat head fords, build pontiac rods from scratch to make a repair affordable for someone. These young ones know nothing of what's really going on in or on a vehicle.

The certification test is set up that anyone that pays the fee can pass. Find the grey haired old school mechanics that will tell you what's really going on.

Just Brakes

Went to Just Brakes for the 99.88 deal. After inspecting my brakes and taking everything apart, they gave me a quote of 1,020.00 Yes one Thousand twenty dollars for new rotors brakes and rebuild my calipers, not NEW calipers, rebuilds! I told the man to put my car back together and he told me he couldn't because of liabilities to the company. I told him I didn't have the money so he did the front of the car new rotors and rebuilt my calipers, put rear pads on only and I still payed 460.00! I live paycheck to paycheck and they quote me over 1 thousand for freakin brakes! I could have done all that myself for a *** of allot less. I wish I would have read reviews before I went there.. Lesson learned!! JUST BRAKES Brandon Florida!
#198896

1) The brakes were probably not that bad where they couldn't "release" your car. They strong-armed you into buying $460 worth of goods.

Shame on them.

2) If you can do your own work, why didn't you pay $80 for a tow truck to tow your car back home?

Better yet, why didn't you demand that they tow it to your place for free? It's a 100% legitimate request, and if they really cared that much about your "safety," they would have done it for you.

Review
#197291 Review #197291 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Just Brakes in Lakeland, FL

Just Brakes in Lakeland, went there 4 Feb 09. 2 customers in the office had been there for 3 hours, bills were up to $1000.00 and $600.00. My GMC truck needed pads and the rotors turned. Within 5 minutes the bleed valve on my right caliper was discovered to be broken and leaking...wait it is not leaking the mechanic's wrench had fluid on it, but the valve head was gone and since one caliper needed to be replace the other side needed one also. The $99s were now close to $500, I left with the truck.

A real hard working man, maintained my vehicle and and did a great job. He was working on three cars, but did the job on mine great.

The only problem with this shop was, I assume the manger, was yelling and fusing the whole time I was their at the employee, he was rude and it about drove me off. I think this man abuses his employees. But otherwise the man in the light green shirt did an excellent job on my car and told me exactly what I wanted to hear and preformed a perfect job.

See him when you need work. The Manger should be fired for abusing his employees, because its not what people need to hear while our cars are being worked on because even though it did not phase that employee, it could phase others and make them screw up on our cars.

#191237

Went to Just Brakes on 98N for bad brakes. They made a big show out of pushing my car into the dock because my brakes were soooo bad they didnt want to drive thru the back wall.

Without even removing a tire, they were back with a dirty cup of fluid saying my entire brake system needed replaced due to oil in the lines. Cost $2000 or more! I left there nauseous and pulled into Midas for a second opinion. Turns out all I needed was a $60 brake line flush!!

Love you MIDAS!

AVOID Just Brakes!! They are unscrupulous blood suckers.

just brakes messed up my brakes almost killed me 700 dollars for all new everything and they put me right into the back of someone

***!

Just Brakes Scam Artist 850.00 Bill Yeah Right

Never ever go there they get you in with the 99.99 dollar brakes and pads just so happen my friend was there also...she had a 639.00 dollar bill i had a dollar 850.00 bill and it jus so happened we needed the exact same things but since I have a V8 my parts had to be ordered for a 100 dollar fee when I could have drove to Jaguar myself and picked them up. I then told them to give me my car b/c im taking it back to Jaguar and i stated the reasons why and then he stated to me Jaguar was lying and that I should at least get one of the items listed fixed b 4 I leave, I refused. I had just been to the Jaguar dealership the previous week and they wrote me a report about what was wrong ALL I NEEDED WAS BRAKES AND PADS ON THE FRONT WHEELS... JUST BRAKES SAID I NEEDED ROTORS, BRAKES AND PADS ON ALL 4 WHEELS AND A MASTER CYLINDER WHICH RARLY GOES OUT ON MY TYPE OF CAR AND MY CAR ONLY HAS 50,000 MILES ON IT!!!!!!! I MEAN REALLY!!!!JUST BRAKES EMPLOY A BUNCH OF CROOKS AND I WILL BE REPORTING THEM TO THE BBB A.S.A.P AND I WILL BE NAMING NAMES!!! THEY ARE A BUNCH OF FRAUDS!!!! I TOOK MY CAR BACK TO JAGUAR AND MY FRONT BRAKES WERE FIXED AND LIKE I SAID B 4 THAT WAS ALL THAT WAS WRONG WITH IT!!!!! THEY ARE A BUNCH OF SCAM ARTIST!!!!!!

They tried the same thing with me, I hate them with a passion!!!!!

Loss

Just Brakes doesn't stand behind warranty

I purchased new brakes from Just Brakes on Bee Ridge Road in Sarasota a few years ago with a lifetime warranty. Last week I took my truck in to have a grinding noise checked out. The tech looked at my brakes and said there was planty of pad left and they were fine. I knew there was a problem, so I went to my normal mechanic. The brakes were so bad that I had to replace the pads and the rotors. It cost me almost $1,000.00 to repair something with a lifetime warranty. I will never use this company again!
Review
"At just brakes we really do Care"! My *** Tampa FL.- Just Brakes on N. Dale Mabry Hwy. So i took my 4 yr old Jeep Wrangler into Just Brakes at 7am on Friday, February 22nd 2008. Told them my woes about my brakes and how i would like to get the $99 Special...

You are a *** for riding around in a car that needed brake work for 4 months. You are lucky your tire didn't fall off because you obviously ruined the rotors and calipers.

View more comments