Just Brakes - I went in for my brake pad replacement and was told my brakes were ruined (AGAIN!)
In 2009 I took my Dodge Durango into the Just Brakes location on Wadsworth in Arvada CO because I had recently purchased the vehicle and noticed that the brakes were squeaking. $782.24 later I was the proud owner of a completely new brake system because my old one was "bad". I was told the only thing I would ever need to buy again was brake pads as they were needed. That was a complete lie... The "services" that were done were covered for 90 days.
Fine... I am over that part. My bad for not reading the warrantee page and trusting what I was told.
Yesterday I took my vehicle in because I was two years over due for a brake check and the brakes were squeaking a little. I figured new brake pads again, because it was about that time. I was taken out to the workshop where the tech showed me my very low brake pads on the front brakes. Okay fine, I knew that. What he said next made my heart sink. My lack of bringing my vehicle into them to be inspected caused my entire front brake system to need replaced again. The big cause was my front shocks, apparently they were "making the brakes work harder and causing odd wearing in the tread of my tires". My new shocks and brakes were now going to cost me $1,000.
I was told that my brake fluid was "sludge" and that's because I didn't bring it in when I should have, and between that and my bad shocks I had affectively ruined the rotors, calipers, and pads on the front of my AWD system.
I called a well known 5 star dealership that deals specifically with my Durango and asked them for a second opinion since I was due for my 60,000 mile maintenance anyways. I explained the brake fiasco to them and here is what they came back with after looking my car over and doing a full vehicle check up:
-Rotors need rotated, the front brakes need new pads, and my back-up light was out on the drivers side.
My brake fluid was NOT "sludge" it was golden yellow. Those "weird" tread markings on my tires? They are brand specific tread for better traction. My suspension, shocks, tires and all fluids in the vehicle got an A rating by the master mechanic who deals strictly with my brand of vehicle.
My rotors had "very minimal" wear because I needed new pads, the calipers were just fine and the shocks (which supposedly caused most of this mess) were in great shape.
Now that I thoroughly feel disgusted and taken advantage of I will be requesting the money back that I spend on the original brake job. I know I won't get it, but I will stomp my feet about it because I may have already been ripped off by them the first time around when I was too trusting and didn't get a second opinion.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Brake Repair Service
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Had Hercules H-902 on a 5th wheel. Not overloaded, in fact, a very easy job for a tire that claims such a high working load. Then on a clean, dry..."
- "New Brunswick- East Brunswick Aamco: Peter Fiorentino doubled the price quoted. The $129.00 unwritten diagnosis changed apropos of nothing as Peter used the Aamco script (google it) to express gloom..."
- "I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata with a factory paint job that is defective primarily the hood. The prep to make the paint stick to the hood was not properly..."
- "ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE looking for a moving service, stay far, far away from Kelly Williams Westlake Village They are the most unethical company I have ever come across..."
- "I am writing because lately everytime I buy ritz crackers and opened the pkg they just fall apart lots of crumbs I am considering not purchasing them anymore as I..."
- "I bought a troy bilt briggs and stratton pressure washer in 2015 and it wont crank in 2016. It is 2800 psi professional series and the first day i purchased..."