1.5
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I took my car there on Friday, I was going to get my brakes done, they had a "$99" special but within a few minutes I was told that the $99 didn't include turning the rotors, I pointed to the line on their coupon that stated "includes machining rotors". After that the mechanic said the rotors couldn't be machined as they were already 0.2 of an inch below minimum. I then showed him the paperwork from the last brake work done by Toyota showing more than 30 thou remaining. The mechanic then said that Toyota was wrong and had already ground off too much and that in addition to that Toyota never bled my brakes meaning that my calipers were not functioning and needed to be replaced.

At this point I was quoted $945.00 to fix the dangerous conditions with my brakes. I told him that as Toyota normally services the car that I'd take their word for it and to leave the brakes alone.

They were then left with the "19.99" oil change, I was told that my Toyota Rav 4 would require a Synthetic oil that would bring the oil change to $54.95. When I asked the mechanic to use the basic oil, I was told that it would ruin my engine within 500 miles.

Now I'm not a mechanic but I know about lubrication and a bit about brake service and while I may have caught them on a slow day they really just want to upsell and replace parts that are okay.

BTW, I took my car to a local trusted mechanic today as 2 weeks earlier he quoted me $185 for the brake service, I thought I'd save a few bucks at Just Brakes, but took it back to the local mechanic today and he serviced the brakes, he stated that there was plenty left on the rotor for future brake servicing and when I told him about the brakes not being bled and that meant the calipers are bad, he laughed and hypothisized that could be why Just Brakes has closed so many locations.

My advice is if they will change your pads for $99 and no upsell then they may be okay to use but if they tell you the rotors or calipers are bad or if they tell you the reason your front wheels are dirtier becase of a serious brake problem or that your rotors have hot spots or any other excuse they didn't try on me, then maybe get an honest opinion and remember, you get what you pay for.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). jordanlondon51 is overall dissatisfied with Just Brakes. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Just Brakes.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Service Centers and Repairs category for more informed decision or compare Just Brakes to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Just Brakes?

Comments

Orlando, Florida, United States #1219820

They have to say "starts at $99" you probably drove long enough for the rotors to get metal to metal, and probably a cheap *** ***!