8700 Richmond Ave, Houston, TX 77063, USA

My young sister got her car broke down last night right by the shop on 8700 Richmond ave, Houston Texas.The manager Eric figure it since she doesn't know anything about cars, He could charge her whatever He wants.

An oil change based around at $40 dollars and a replacement of a starter for a 2006 Pontiac at $325 plus $ 105 dollars for labor and $33 dollars for shop supplies. That all adds at $ 505 dollars,However some how the manager Eric gave my sister a $ 100 dollars discount so the end of the invoice was $400 dollars. Now how come for a oil change and a change of a starter cost that much???the vehicle is not a brand new car or a luxury car and it is not Pontiac itself dealer service neither. I asked the manager to show me the invoice of the brand new starter and he refused it.

I called auto zone to ask how much the starter cost for the Pontiac 2006 and they told me cost around $170. so I also call other neighbors shops to ask how much is the same job that Just Brakes was doing and they told me $250 one of then and$ 280 another one shop. My questions still not answer by the manager, how come Stop Brakes is charging that much?? Thing is I work for a dealership few blocks down, shops cannot over charge you for unreasonable things, Everything has to have a receipt even the starter that Stop Brakes bought has to has a receipt so I asked too see the receipt.

In a very aggressive act the manager Eric slam the receipt in top of the counter and says "here is the receipt". Customers are right behind me waiting sitting at the lobby and hearing all this. Like I said before the manager wanted to charge whatever he wanted. After so much argument about this unfairness situation, the receipt shows $170 cost that he purchased on Napa parts for the starter, so how come the $320 showing on the invoice??

why the overcharge on the starter?. he is already charging his labor and the rest, in top of everything he told me he could put the old part back and leave my little sister car outside his shop!! what kind of business and management is this? Very unprofessional!!.

He said that is what Stop Brakes charges that is a corporate rule. I did not know that small repair shops have that kind of rule, overcharging people for a part that I could bought myself at auto zone and bring it to them, and yes I asked for that option as well and Nelson a worker of that shop told me that he can get fire if he does that. I really do not understand how this can possible work, but I ignored because I couldn't hold more of the situation. It is very sad that they also copy paste my sister signature for the authorization of this work.

She only sign for the oil change charge but not for the entire work or removal of her broken starter.

I will for sure not recommend this shop to anybody.I ended paying $325 for a starter and a oil change and that is only because I went over there and ask for a fear reason of charge;I told the manager to break down each single charge on a invoice so I could see how much each single thing cost; otherwise my young sister could of ended up paying $ 505 dollars for a oil change and a new starter with not a proper authorization.

Review about: Replacement Of Starter.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Just Brakes Car Repair
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Just Brakes?

Comments

h.kitchener

Perhaps you would like them to work for free?I fail to see why the oil was changed, but they can certainly charge whatever they want for that and/or the starter replacement.

It's none of your business what they paid for the starter. If you don't like what a business charges, then don't have them do the work. This is simple common sense.

No one forced your sister to have the work done.All you succeeded in doing was make a fool of yourself.

to h.kitchener #1312791

cant buy and sell things for the same price that is how companies go under. Maybe you should take a business class

xj6guy
to Anonymous Cleveland, Ohio, United States #1328456

do you take your own eggs to a restaurant ?